WebTide is a source code editor for Windows, Mac and Linux. It is distributed as free software. The project closed source.
This project, based on the old LGPL editing component formerly part of JEdit called syntax-jedit, is written in Java so it is cross-platform and basically works on any OS supporting the Java platform. The aim of WebTide is to create a complete developing evironment for any web programmer, with most the tools such a programmer needs.
Programming languages supported
The following languages have support for code completion and error checking
Syntax highlight support is provided for other languages such as Java, C, C++, C#, SQL and many others.
Some of its features include:
- Project support (group files and folders in projects)
- Syntax highlighting (and brace and indent highlighting)
- File status auto-detection
- Selective folder find and replace
- Docking framework (multiple views)
- Tabbed document interface
- Full UTF-8 support
- Document structure outline
- Color chooser
- Editing sessions (save a set of file names to be opened on demand)
- Live preview
- File browser
- Project validation (project-wide error checking)
- HTML form designer